Job Title: Yard Person
Branch Locations: Kelowna
Job Type: Full Time
The hourly wage for this role is typically $16.75-$24.00 and represents a range across all of PrairieCoast’s BC and Alberta locations. It is influenced by various factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and work location.
In compliance with the BC provincial government mandates, we are incorporating broad wage ranges into this posting to adhere to the wage transparency requirements.
PrairieCoast equipment is a top performing John Deere dealership with 11 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia. Our employees are the backbone to our success and our most important resource. A significant portion of PrairieCoast equipment is owned by employees and we offer a RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan.
We are committed to better serve our customers by providing premier products, superior service, and by embracing and utilizing technology. We value integrity, innovation, and passion.
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013
- One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers™ 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Recognition by John Deere as a top performing dealer in North America
- A competitive compensation package with performance-based bonuses
- Peer recognition program
- Strong focus on training and leadership development
- Company contests and team building events
- The opportunity to interact with leaders of the company
Every person and every task creates the bigger picture that is PrairieCoast equipment.
Our people are what make our world go round – and we love celebrating their achievements.
From the field to the desk, we are constantly challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.
Our employees have the opportunity to invest in PrairieCoast. The result? A significant portion is employee owned.
As a Yard Person you will:
Perform a variety of service support duties related to the cleaning and washing commercial and consumer equipment, cleaning up facilities, monthly safety reporting, delivering and picking up parts, receiving equipment, parts, and accessories that contribute to the efficient and profitable operation of the dealership.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift items weighing upwards of 75 lbs.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Class 5 driver’s license, with a reasonable abstract
- Forklift License
- High self-motivation and responsibility
- Ability to organize own work when necessary
We’ve built a solid team that is the driving force of our success. Are you ready to join us?
Click here to view more opportunities
Click to learn more about a career at PrairieCoast equipment