Job Title: Service Manager
Branch Locations: La Crete
Job Type: Full Time
A PrairieCoast Overview
PrairieCoast equipment is a top performing John Deere dealership with 10 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia. Our employees are the backbone to our success and our most important resource. Over 65% of PrairieCoast equipment is owned by employees and we offer a RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan.
We are committed to better serve our customers by providing premier products, superior service, and by embracing and utilizing technology. We value integrity, innovation, and passion.
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013
- One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers™ 2020 and 2021
- Recognition by John Deere as a top performing dealer in North America
- A competitive compensation package with performance-based bonuses
- An industry leading Apprenticeship program with wage top-up and full tuition coverage
- Extended health benefits including prescription, dental and vision coverage, visits to paramedical professionals, and life, disability, critical illness, and travel insurance
- A referral bonus program
- Annual sick pay allowance
- Annual boot allowance
- Employee discounts
- Employee assistance plan
- Peer recognition program
- Strong focus on training and leadership development
- Company contests and team building events
- The opportunity to interact with leaders of the company
Every person and every task creates the bigger picture that is PrairieCoast equipment.
Our people are what make our world go round – and we love celebrating their achievements.
From the field to the desk, we are constantly challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.
Our employees have the opportunity to invest in PrairieCoast. The result? We're 55% employee owned.
As a Service Manager you will:
- Develop, communicate, enforce and monitor effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Create annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives
- Develop and execute Service Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Coordinate customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events
- Submit all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit
- Schedule and assign jobs and work areas to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Ensure all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Assist the HR department in recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in Service Department operations
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
We’ve built a solid team that is the driving force of our success. Are you ready to join us?