on Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Mulching. What's it all about and why should you be investing in it? Learn the facts behind mulching and decide for yourself if it's right for you.
Grass mulch can help keep your lawn healthy and looking its best. And it’s never been easier to do. Check it out.
This is grass mulch.
The easy way to feed your lawn. To make grass mulch, grass is cut into easily absorbed grass clippings to help keep your lawn healthy and lush.
Mulch with the push of a button.
The John Deere MulchControl™ Kit with One-Touch Technology is the easy way to mulch. With the push of a button you can mulch when you want to.
Push the button and mulch. The chute closes and you have a dedicated mulching system. Perfect for regular, weekly, or bi-weekly mowing.
Side discharge mow or bag mode.
Push the button again, or pull the lever, with your MulchControl™ System, the chute opens and you can side-discharge mow or bag. The choice is yours.
Eight things you need to know about mulch mowing.
Fertilizing your lawn just got easier. Just let your grass clippings do the job for you. Grass clipping mulch is the natural way to feed your lawn essential nutrients. Here are eight things you need to know:
1. Mulch mowing allows clippings to be cut finely enough so that they can’t be seen when redistributed into the lawn.
2. Make sure your blades are sharp. Sharp blades help ensure a precise, quality cut.
3. Mulching returns nitrogen-rich nutrients to your lawn. This feeds your lawn and can reduce the amount of fertilizer you need.
4. Follow the “one-third” rule when mulch mowing, taking no more off than the top third of the grass blade. Fast-growing conditions will warrant more frequent mowing.
5. Mulching works better when the grass is dry.
6. The MulchControl™ System from John Deere is the easy way to mulch while you mow.
7. If tall or wet grass conditions result in unsightly clumps, your MulchControl™ System should be used in side-discharge mode.
8. If conditions warrant using your MulchControl™ System in side-discharge mode, clippings are likely to be visible for a few days as they decay.
This exclusive technology is available with One-Touch Technology on the John Deere X350 Select Series Riding Lawn Tractor with a 42-in or 48-in Accel Deep™ Mower Deck and other Select Series mowers.
MulchControl™ Kits, with the pull-of-a-lever technology, are available on S240 Riding Mowers with Accel Deep™ Mower Decks, Select Series Mowers, Signature Series Mowers, and all Residential ZTrak™ Mowers.
All MulchControl™ Kits from John Deere include mulching blades for best grass mulching results.
What do you think - is MulchControl™ for you? Contact your local PrairieCoast equipment dealer today!
Find a location near me