Job Title: Small Engine Mechanic
Branch Locations: Grande Prairie
Job Type: Full Time
Bring your skills and experience to the next level through a career with PrairieCoast equipment. We are currently seeking a small engine mechanic to join our Grande Prairie team.
A PrairieCoast Overview
Join the team at PrairieCoast equipment and find out why we have been voted as Canada's Best Managed Companies every year since 2013. PrairieCoast equipment is a progressive, growing John Deere Dealership with 10 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia. This year we are excited to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Our highly skilled employees are our most important resource, which is why we are excited to celebrate this milestone with them.
- An excellent compensation package
- A dynamic team environment
- Training opportunities
- Extensive benefits & RRSP’s
- Employee incentives
- A referral bonus program
- A boot allowance program (restrictions apply)
- Long Term Service Awards
- Employee discounts
- Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP)
Every person and every task creates the bigger picture that is PrairieCoast equipment.
Our people are what make our world go round – and we love celebrating their achievements.
From the field to the desk, we are constantly challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.
Our employees have the opportunity to invest in PrairieCoast. The result? We're 55% employee owned.
As a Small Engine Service Technician you will:
Perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned small tractors and lawn and garden equipment. This position will be given direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs on small tractors and lawn and garden equipment; handheld experience an asset
- Licensed Technician preferred
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Fork lift license preferred
We’ve built a solid team that is the driving force of our success. Are you ready to join us?
Click here to view more opportunities
Click to learn more about a career at PrairieCoast equipment