Job Title: Shipper Receiver
Branch Locations: Langley
Job Type: Full Time
PrairieCoast equipment is a top performing John Deere dealership with 11 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia. Our employees are the backbone to our success and our most important resource. A significant portion of PrairieCoast equipment is owned by employees and we offer a RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan.
We are committed to better serve our customers by providing premier products, superior service, and by embracing and utilizing technology. We value integrity, innovation, and passion.
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013
- One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers™ 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Recognition by John Deere as a top-performing dealer in North America
- A competitive compensation package with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Benefits that include a wide range of extended health benefits, travel insurance, prescriptions, dental, life, disability, and critical illness
- A referral bonus program
- Annual sick pay allowance
- Employee company and vendor discount programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Peer recognition program
- Strong focus on training and leadership development
- Company contests and team building events
- The opportunity to interact with leaders of the company
Every person and every task creates the bigger picture that is PrairieCoast equipment.
Our people are what make our world go round – and we love celebrating their achievements.
From the field to the desk, we are constantly challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.
Our employees have the opportunity to invest in PrairieCoast. The result? A significant portion is employee owned.
As a Shipper Receiver you will:
Ensure seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items. Support the Parts Department as needed with picking parts. The Shipper/Receiver understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or GED and experience in shipping role preferred with online shipping, tracking and receiving.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing and basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of lading and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items and working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
We’ve built a solid team that is the driving force of our success. Are you ready to join us?
Click here to view more opportunities
Click to learn more about a career at PrairieCoast equipment