Job Title: Assistant Controller
Branch Locations: Chilliwack, BC
Job Type: Full Time
Bring your skills and experience to the next level through a career with PrairieCoast equipment. We are currently seeking an Assistant Controller, to join the team in our Chilliwack Support Centre.
A PrairieCoast Overview
PrairieCoast equipment is a progressive, growing John Deere Dealership with 10 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia. We are committed to providing quality products and superior customer service. Our employees are the back bone to our success and are owners in our business. Over 60% of PrairieCoast equipment is owned by employees, and we are proud to offer an RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan. We have been voted one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013, as we recognize that our highly skilled employees are our most important resource.
- An excellent compensation package
- A dynamic team environment
- Training/Continuous Education opportunities
- Extensive benefits & RRSP’s
- Employee incentives
- A referral bonus program
- Long Term Service Awards
- Employee discounts
- Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP)
Every person and every task creates the bigger picture that is PrairieCoast equipment.
Our people are what make our world go round – and we love celebrating their achievements.
From the field to the desk, we are constantly challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.
Our employees have the opportunity to invest in PrairieCoast. The result? We're 55% employee owned.
As an Assistant Controller you will:
Oversee functions such as AP/AR processes ensuring compliance with company policies, budgeting, account reconciliation, presentations, special projects, and year-end and audit working papers. Other responsibilities include supporting the corporate team and ten stores with your expertise in accounting and financial reporting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in an Accounting Supervisory/Management role
- University Degree with a CPA designation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize, schedule and execute tasks effectively under fast-paced conditions
- Knowledge of ASPE, Auditing Practices and Principles
- Strong Excel, Word, Power Point, Power BI and IT Skills
- Knowledge of sales tax acts and regulations (GST & PST)
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals
- Experience in a Retail Environment or Dealership Environment is an asset
We’ve built a solid team that is the driving force of our success. Are you ready to join us?
Click here to view more opportunities
Click to learn more about a career at PrairieCoast equipment